The birth of a child is an amazing event in the life of an individual or couple. Our Childbirth Education course works to meet the needs of couples, single mothers, and teen mothers by identifying and addressing individual challenges while providing the following:
- Information on the physical, emotional and social aspects of birth in a safe and supportive environment.
- Assistance in making informed choices for your care during pregnancy, labor and birth, as well as postpartum/newborn care.
- Increased confidence in your body’s ability to give birth
- Opportunities to discuss your fears about labor and birth with a knowledgeable instructor and other individuals having the same concerns
- Active involvement of the father or other support person(s) in the education and birth processes
- Incorporation of the cultural needs of all participants
- Variety of learning opportunities, watching DVDs, discussions, games, small group assignments, role playing as well as time to practice needed skills
- Development and support of individual coping strategies for facing the birth process, including available pain relief options
Learn more about: Baby Steps | Childbirth Education