If your pregnancy test is positive, we are here to help you weigh your options. Many women’s first instinct is abortion, however, it’s important to gather information so that you can make your best decision.
Before deciding, it’s important to know:
If you have any STDs
- You may have an STD even if you are not experiencing any symptoms.
- Undiagnosed, untreated STDs can cause Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, an infection of the uterus, that can affect your health and future pregnancies.
The importance of an Ultrasound
- It locates the area of the pregnancy. An untreated ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside the uterus) can be a severe medical emergency.
- It shows how far along you are. Our medical professionals will be able to determine an estimated gestational age as well as an expected due date.
- It determines the viability of the pregnancy. Of all pregnancies, up to 30% end in miscarriage, many even before a woman knows she is pregnant. Up to 80% of these happen in the first trimester. If you do not have a viable pregnancy, an abortion may not even be necessary.
What is my first step if I am considering abortion?
It’s important to know that you do not have to face this alone. We confirm if you are pregnant and then if positive….
- offer limited STD testing. (If positive, the treatment is at no charge.)
- offer an ultrasound.
You meet with a nurse to discuss…
- What are the differences between medical and surgical abortions?
- Are there any short-term or long-term risks you should consider?
We offer a safe, confidential environment for you to ask questions about your pregnancy. We do not perform or refer for abortions. We are your first step in providing services and information to help you make a thoughtful, informed decision about your body.
Make your appointment today online or call/text at 603-749-4441
Learn more about: Abortion | Adoption | Parenting